1. Who is responsible for the personal information that we collect?
For the purpose of data protection law, Lodgic is the data controller in respect of the personal information that we collect and use as part of our business activities. This is because we dictate the purpose for which your personal information is used and how we use your personal information.
2. What personal information do we collect?
While some of the information collected is required for membership or business engagement purposes, other information is voluntarily given by the individual. The type of personal information that Lodgic may collect could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your full name, address, phone, fax, and email contact information
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of membership
- Information about your employment such as employer name, title, address, the industry of your employer, and size of your legal department
- Payment information
- Dietary preferences and requirements
- Preference information, such as the communications you receive from us
- Any other information relating to you (or other individuals), which you may provide to us
Website usage information
We collect information when you provide it to us, such as when you use the “contact us” feature on the website or otherwise communicate with us (such as by email or via our social media pages).
Lodgic collects certain information automatically when you use the website, such as IP addresses and domain names of visitors, browser type, history of pages viewed, and other usage information about your use of the website. We collect this information for site administration purposes, such as to analyze this data for trends and statistics. We may share statistical or aggregated non-personal information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties. This data is used to customize our website content and advertising to deliver a better experience to our users. Please see the section below on cookies for more information.
3. How do we obtain your personal information?
As noted above, we collect information from you in the course of your use of the Lodgic website, products and services. For example, we collect information from you when you enroll as a member. We collect information from you when you contact or communicate with us (including through the website, by email, or otherwise). We also collect your personal information while monitoring the Lodgic website, products and services. We gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly; for instance, when you engage with our staff or register for an event.
4. How do we use the personal information we collect?
Lodgic collects personal information for the following principal purposes:
- To provide the Lodgic website to you;
- To determine membership eligibility and enroll a member in Lodgic;
- To register individuals for Lodgic events (e.g., annual meeting, online educational courses, conferences, etc.);
- To provide you with member benefits, products or services that you have requested and related information about those products and services;
- To communicate with you and to respond to questions that you have raised with us;
- To administer and improve the Lodgic website;
- To process your payment for Lodgic services, products, and events;
- To administer and provide you with the benefits of Lodgic membership;
- To send you, or for our third-party partners to send you, information about products, services, and events that may be of interest to you based on your preferences;
- To administer surveys;
- To prevent and detect fraud; and
- To protect and enforce our legal rights.
5. Who do we share your personal information with?
Lodgic reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party, if Lodgic has reason to believe that disclosing personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other website users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Additionally, Lodgic may disclose personal information in response to a subpoena, warrant or other court order, or when we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, subpoena, warrant or other court order requires it — or authorizes us to do so — or to respond to an emergency situation.
Lodgic reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Lodgic, or of any of the business of Lodgic or a chapter/division thereof, in order for you to continue to receive the same products and services from the third party.
We may share your information with personal advisors, such as accountants and lawyers, who assist us in carrying out our business activities.
In addition to the uses and disclosure of personal information noted above, personal information of Lodgic members and registrants at our events may be shared with the following entities when we have obtained your consent prior to such disclosure:
- When you have provided consent, we share your limited information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a sponsor of one of our events to contact you with information about the sponsor’s activities. You will also have the option to opt-out of sharing this information when you register for the programs. The information provided will contain the name, title, company, and mailing address of all meeting attendees.
- With your consent, Lodgic sells member mailing information through a third-party vendor. Only members’ name, title, company, and mailing address are included on these lists. Any member may remove themselves from such mailing lists by contacting Lodgic at info@Lodgic.org.
If you choose not to provide Lodgic with your personal information, you may still visit most of the Lodgic website. However, you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services, and you may be unable to take advantage of certain Lodgic benefits or membership.
7. Transfer of personal information across borders
Lodgic is a global organization, headquartered in the United States. We may allow your personal information to be shared with our related entities or third-party service providers based both within the United States and in other countries. This may entail a transfer of your information from a location within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) to outside the EEA, or from outside the EEA to a location within the EEA. Please see the section entitled “Who do we Share your Personal Information with” for more detail on how the information may be shared with Lodgic-related entities and third-party service providers.
When we provide your personal information overseas, we do so in connection with providing you with member benefits, requested information or services or as required or authorized under law. It is possible the overseas entities, which we share your information with, may not be subject to foreign laws that provide the same level of protection of information as your country of residence or employment, or may not be subject to any privacy obligations. Overseas entities may be required or compelled to disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority. Where we transfer information outside of the EEA, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws. For example, we will implement EU standard contractual clauses (as contemplated by Article 46(2) of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation) between the Lodgic related entities that share and process personal data. Where our third-party service providers process personal data outside the EEA in the course of providing services to us, our written agreement with them will include appropriate measures, usually standard contractual clauses.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable and appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
8. Your rights, including removing, correcting or updating personal information
If you change your mind on how Lodgic discloses or uses your information, or wish to access, correct or update personal information (such as your address), we will endeavor to correct, update or remove the personal data you give us.
9. How long will we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for the period of time that you are a member of the Lodgic, and for 10 years after you cancel your membership.
10. Links to other websites
Lodgic may terminate access for content providers or forum participants who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected material without necessary rights and permissions.
Cookies help us understand how consumers use our websites and emails so we can design better services in the future. Web browsers can be adjusted to disable cookies. However, Lodgic may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on the Lodgic website if you choose to disable cookies.
12. Contacting Lodgic with questions, concerns or complaints
We will acknowledge receipt of any complaint within five business days and will endeavor to provide you with a written response within 30 days of receipt of your complaint. There may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable and practical time.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, Lodgic will be happy to provide you with contact information for the appropriate authorities in your jurisdiction. Additionally, many jurisdictions allow for private rights of action.