MADISON, WI | Everyday Kitchen — Lodgic Everyday Kitchen is seeking a Prep Cook responsible for assisting in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. Perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
*$400 SIGN ON BONUS! APPLY NOW!
• Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
• Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
• Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
• Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
• Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
• Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
• Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
• Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
• Proven experience as prep cook
• Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
• Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
• A team player with good communication skills
• Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
• Very good physical condition and endurance
• High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset.
• Complimentary Co-Working Membership.
• 50% discount on one meal during shift.
• Discount on Child Care in Kids Camp.
• Fun, collaborative, energetic working environment.
$16.00 - $18.00 per hour
Want to work at Lodgic, but don't see a position you are looking for? Send us an application or your resume, and we will keep it available for upcoming opportunities. Use the form below or email email@example.com.